Phase One 2016 – 2017
Children’s Hospital Outpatient Center
- The front door and lobby for the new Children’s Hospital.
- Approximately 90,000 sq. ft. of new construction for pediatric imaging, lab services, pharmacy, and pediatric specialty clinics such as cardiology, neurology, genetics, gastroenterology, orthopaedics and more.
- A newly constructed building located on Third Street across from the main Erlanger facilities.
- The front entrance will feature an authentic steam engine built in 1891, the same year Erlanger was founded, from the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum.
- Each floor will be uniquely themed, interactive discovery centers to engage children and distract them from their illnesses.
- Clinical areas designed with kids and parents in mind to relieve anxiety.
- All imaging technology and equipment will be child-sized and safe for kids.
Phase Two 2017 – 2020
The New Children’s Hospital, NICU, and Women’s Hospital
- Approximately 360,000 sq. ft. of new construction.
- The new Children’s Inpatient Building seamlessly connected to the Children’s Outpatient Center on Third Street, across from the main Erlanger.
- All new, expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), connected to Children’s Hospital by a bridge.
- The new Women’s Hospital providing labor and delivery.